Pan Pacific Vancouver Hotel
8:00 am – 4:00 pm (Registration Starting at 7:30 am)
Dr. Faraj Edher & Mr. Angus Barrie – Vancouver, BC
Title: Clinician – laboratory synergy & a fully integrated digital workflow, Digital workflow, IOS, smile design, CAD/CAM
Synopsis: This full day hands-on program aims to provide practical didactic and hands-on training to help clinicians best utilize a fully integrated digital workflow, and enhance their communication and synergy with labs. The program will include hands-on exercises and demonstrations using intra-oral scanners, virtual smile design, lab design software, chair side design, milling and 3D printing.
- Understanding the fully integrated digital workflow
- Understanding the clinician to laboratory digital workflow
- Fundamentals of intraoral scanners / digital impressions
- Intra-oral scanning techniques and tricks – practical applications
- Troubleshooting with intra-oral scanners
- Virtual smile design step by step protocols
- Clinic and lab communication, synergy, and workflow
- Importing, exporting, and working with digital files
- Introduction to chair side design and fabrication of tooth-borne restorations (crowns, veneers, inlays, etc).
- Introduction to chair side excitement apps for enhanced patient communication and experience
- Intra-oral scanning basics and common clinical scenarios
- Virtual smile design – simple case
- Virtual smile design – complex case
- Demonstration of lab communication, design, and 3D printing
- Chair side design and manufacturing – crown
- Chair side design and manufacturing – inlay / veneer
Bio: Dr. Faraj Edher is a Specialist in Prosthodontics and the Director of the Digital Dentistry Institute, a global educational organization that conducts comprehensive training programs in digital dentistry and implant dentistry. He regularly gives presentations, seminars, and workshops, both locally and globally, focusing on digital dentistry, implant dentistry, treatment planning, and aesthetic rehabilitations. In addition to practicing full time in British Columbia – Canada, Dr. Edher is a Clinical Assistant Professor and guest lecturer at the University of British Columbia and has numerous publications in areas such as dental implants and digital dentistry.
Mr. Angus Barrie – Vancouver, BC
Bio: Angus became a dental technician in 1987 after completing the dental technology program at Vancouver Community College and worked for both his father’s dental laboratory as well as Turner Dental Lab on Vancouver Island before moving to Vancouver in 2002. Since 2002 Angus has concentrated on implant restorations and the growth of CAD/CAM technology in the dental laboratory. He as worked as implant department manager for Fine Arts Dental Lab, operations manager for Uni Nature Dental Enterprise and general manager for the Aurum Group lab in Vancouver. Angus has experience with Dental Wings, 3Shape, Nobel Procera and other CAD software as well as 3M and Roland milling machines. He is currently Chair of the College of Dental Technicians of BC and a member of the PAC for Dental Technology program at VCC. When Angus is not at work he enjoys activities with his dogs and motorcycling.
CE Credits: 7
Location: Gazebos Room – Lobby Level
Hands on Course Fee $ 475.00 (Available for Members and then Delegates)
Fees (Include Hands on Course and Materials, Continental Breakfast, 2 Breaks and luncheon with all taxes and gratuities.)