This presentation will outline the management of risk factors in a step-by-step method in order to maximize long-term success of ceramic materials in extensive rehabilitations.
Ceramics material selection will be discussed according to esthetics rendition, strength properties and available restorative thickness according to the state of attrition, the severity of the malocclusion and the cause of tooth wear.
- Create a systematic protection strategy for medium and high-risk patients.
- Control the key factors for optimum esthetic, occlusal and gingival design in interdisciplinary treatment.
- Manage VDO options and rehabilitation sequence.
- Select ceramic materials for optimum esthetics and strength under various conditions.
- Use a simplified bonding method for all-ceramic restorations
Bio: Dr. Chiche is presently Clinical Professor at Louisiana State University School of Dentistry. He recently completed his 10-year term as the Thomas P. Hinman Endowed Professor in Restorative Dentistry, and Director of the Center for Esthetic & Implant Dentistry at Augusta University, Dental College of Georgia. He is a Past President of the American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry, and he has given over 1000 programs in Esthetic Dentistry nationally and internationally in 35 countries. He is the author of two textbooks in Esthetic Dentistry published by Quintessence Publishing Co.: “Esthetics of Anterior Fixed Restorations” with Alain Pinault and “Smile Design” with Hitoshi Aoshima. He is Emeritus Professor at Louisiana State University, and he became in 2009 the first recipient of the Endowed Chair sponsored by the Thomas P. Hinman Dental Society.